Monday, June 18, 2012

Hormones

Estrogen, progesterone, relaxin, hCg, testosterone just to name a few...oh the woes of being a woman! And a pregnant one at that. Are they all really necessary? Really?

They make me cramp, they make me break out, they make me hairy, they make me throw up, they make me more sleepy yet don't allow me to sleep well, they make my boobs bigger (please no! Anything but that!) and worst of all...they make me CRY.

I know it gets old using the whole hormone excuse every time I get emotional about something, but really, are a woman's hormones ever really normal? Are they ever just a flat line like a man's? Nope. The norm is a constant cycle of death. And if you do anything to change that...it's just worse. Go on the pill....hormonal changes.... Go off the pill...more changes. Get pregnant...experience the ultimate power of hormone changes!

All I have to say is that well, I guess there is a whole lotta good that comes from all these strange things happening in my body and I guess Heavenly Father was pretty smart to make out bodies pretty much work like magic, but when I meet him I might just have to ask him if there really wasn't any other way?

Because only heaven knows why.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This is hilarious!!! I think you're right... is there ever a time where we can just feel normal? I think there has to come a time where we just look at ourselves and say, you know what? It's just me. It's how I am. Sorry.

    But that doesn't apply to you. You are preggo. So have fun with the INCREASE in those hormones that make women crazy already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I have been feeling the same way! I'm 24 weeks along and am thinking that my poor husband might not survive my emotional outbursts and random sobbing for too much longer haha. At least I'm not the only one! You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete